UNLV staff receive 15 percent off professional development classes and 5 percent off personal enrichment classes. A new policy enacted for spring 2020 standardizes these discounts with very few exceptions.
Eligibility for a Staff Discount
- The staff discount is available to all active UNLV employees, regardless of employee type (student workers, classified staff, academic and administrative faculty, letter of appointments, and hourly employees).
- The staff discount is not available to NSHE staff employed outside of UNLV.
- Eligibility for the staff discount will be confirmed in Workday.
- The staff discount is not available to employee family members.
- The easiest way to tell if a class is classified as professional development (15 percent Staff Discount) or personal enrichment (5 percent Staff Discount) is that professional development courses award CEUs and personal enrichment courses do not. CEUs are listed both in the print catalog and in the online registration system.
Staff and Alumni Discount Policy
- Terms and conditions are subject to change.
- Discounts are not transferable.
- Discounts will never exceed the full registration fee.
- Discounts are not stackable. For example, a UNLV employee who is also a UNLV alumnus cannot apply both the Staff and Alumni Discounts to the same registration fee. In addition, if a student qualifies for a discount for attending an information session and also qualifies for a Staff Discount, the student will be awarded the higher of the two discounts and will not be able to combine the discounts.
- A limited number of classes are not eligible for Staff or Alumni Discounts; lists of classes eligible for Staff Discounts and Alumni Discounts are posted on the Continuing Education website.
- Discount codes can be applied to course bundles. For example, a student could apply the Staff Discount to the Grant Academy Bundle which would result in even more savings over registering for the four courses within the bundle individually.
View Classes Eligible for a Staff Discount
View the current list of classes eligible for a Staff Discount.
Select classes do not offer a Staff or Alumni Discount. These classes are offered in partnership either with an external provider or with a UNLV academic department. Because of contract restrictions, we cannot extend a discount.
Request a Staff Discount
Begin the staff discount request process by filling out a UNLV Staff Discount Eligibility Form.
Once you submit the form, you can expect a response via email in 3-5 business days. Once your eligibility is verified, you will receive an email outlining the process to register for classes with the discounted fee. The discount code will be active for a single semester and can be used for as many classes as you wish to take. You will need to submit a new Staff Discount Eligibility Form each semester.
Staff Discount eligibility is determined by locating your employment record in Workday. If you believe we have declined your eligibility request in error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 702-895-3394.
The Staff Discount Eligibility Form has a section where staff can indicate that their department will pay the registration fee. Upon receipt of a form indicating departmental payment, Continuing Education will register you in the course(s) you have indicated and we will forward an invoice to your department for payment. You will not be able to register for these classes online. Once your department returns the approved invoice to our office, we will transfer the funds from your department's Workday account.
Customer service staff are happy to assist with your request by phone at 702-895-3394, or in person at Paradise Campus Building 100.